Saturday, October 18, 2008

Is Romance Dead or just in a coma?

Something struck me today as I watched a slew of movies that just didn't seem to fire up my imagination. My thoughts on why the "Twilight" series have been such a success is because it WAS left up to the imagination.

I know I have a pretty powerful one and according to the responses of that one kiss on the Twilight trailer, so do a lot of you. Another powerful image that comes to mind is in "Titanic" when you see only Rose or Jack's hand sliding down that back window of that car that they make love in. Same happened for me when Rhett took Scarlett up into his arms and carried her up that staircase and we see her very happy and very satisfied face the next morning.

Edward Cullen is a new romantic hero. Rob Pattinson is a talented actor, and like even himself said the response towards him right now is due to that character.

I think Rob you sell yourself incredibly short. But maybe that is what drives you to deliver the goods! You have the face of an angel, a body for sin, and a mind that just wants to spend hours talking to you after....well, I'll leave that up to your imagination!

6 comments:

babbles said...

Love it Jewels, Perfectly said...

Dani said...

hey babe. Checking out your blog. Wonderfully said above couldnt agree more. Twilight has helped restore my faith in true romance. I remember falling in love for the first time and where my boyfriend did not have Edwards rules, Twilight reminded me of those giddy moments where you could barely sleep or eat anticipating when you would see your "Edward" again.

cherifire said...

Hi Jewels,
Just got your message to contact you. I was really spooked by Michelle's censoring. I realize she has to keep the crap off her blog, but in some ways I felt it was aimed at us/me.

Should I email you and give my email??

Cheri

Tess said...

Ahhh Jules - So beautifully written. You tapped into the fascination we're all having with Rob. It's attributed to so many things.

My romantic side is a bane and boon. Everything we read about Rob; every character we've seen him play, feeds our impression that he's the ideal guy. It certainly doesn't hurt that he's incredibly good looking, but what stands out the most for me, is how polite he is to everyone he encounters in public, and how articulate, how self-depreciating.

He's addictive.

Lynn said...

Personally, I completely fell head over heels for the character of Edward, because I suddenly remembered the intensity of one's first love---sometimes it's something that you forget. You can't eat, sleep, think coherent thoughts or perhaps breathe and everytime that person is near by---your heart races and you feel like you're going to jump out of your skin. Yes, believing in the power of Bella and Edward's love brought be out of my come.

Jules---fantastic blog!

Lynn said...

Coma, not come---sorry for the typo!