Thursday, October 16, 2008

"How to Be" in a Robtastic World!

Sorry for the pun kids. But I just don't know how to be anymore. My friends think I'm insane for following a young man who could qualify age wise to be my son.



This is tough times that we face with the economy, the continuing war in Iraq (bless you all those who serve in the Military! I praise you for defending my freedom and doing a job that frankly I was just too chicken shit to do!).



I need escapism. I need glamour. I'm not talking fake "The Hills" glamour. I mean old style, Hollywood, no-holds barred glamour. I need a Rhett Butler.



"Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn!" glamour!



Rob Pattinson is that glamour for me. I can't even begin to describe just how much I am anticipating him sweeping me off my feet not only as "Salvador Dali", but as "Edward Cullen" as well. I love that he transcends all age barriers. His genuine humility, self-effacement, drop dead stunning good looks, intelligence and sense of humor has made him into my Rhett Butler, my Mr. Darcy, my Edward Cullen.



Whether you agree or not, we all need something to escape to. This November 21st, I will escape to a darkened theatre to watch what I only will hope will match what I imagined in my mind while reading the "Twilight" series.

So Rob, sweep me up into your arms and haul me up that staircase to pure ecstasy. My life, like so many others needs to be swept away...if only for two hours!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Jules~

Love, love, love the blog! I think that all women need that kind of escape to old Hollywood glamour and Rhett Butler (Clark Gable) fits the bill. And, Rob would definitely be a perfect Mr. Darcy--Rob in any period costume would work for me.

I am also looking forward to the November 21st sweet escape, which I will be sharing with my daughter (she's warming up to Rob's mug). And, How To Ne and Little Ashes will just be the icing on the cake.

Write some more and the gurlz shall come!