Thursday, June 10, 2010

Freeze Frame - Chapter 30 Teaser Time Y'all




“Your parents already know don’t they?” I sat there watching Edward’s fingers flex and unflex around the head of the stick shift. It was putting very naughty thoughts into my head and I forced myself to look out the window to see where we were going.

“Yes. I told them. I also told them everything that happened in Chicago. My father gave me some very interesting insight into the history of my family.”

I glanced back over at Edward. “So this is the reason you and I are going on a picnic? To tell me about your family? Jesus. It must be bad if you are buttering me up with your mother’s cooking and a picnic.”

Edward chuckled. “Oh yeah. Nothing beats blueberry muffins to take away the sting of ill gotten gains.”

“Great. I go from one criminal to another.” I snorted.

Edward’s eyes flashed at me. “Admit it Swan. You like the idea of me being a bad boy.”

I nodded and we both grinned as I scooted over to sit closer to him. I put my hand of the back of his neck and gently tugged at the hair there. It was always so silky soft.

“I just like the idea of you. Period. But being back here in Forks does bring back a lot of memories. Memories that I wish could be just a touch different.”

Edward pulled my hand away from the back of his neck and brought it to his lips.

“Then get ready for a new memory. One that should have happened a long time ago.”

No comments: