Saturday, November 15, 2008

Confessions Of A Bona Fide Cougar!

You know, I was just falling asleep when one of those random thoughts from nowhere seems to invade your conciousness, and causes you to have an "Oh Snap!" moment.

Hi. My name is Jules. I have just realized that I am a life long Cougar. I was always a little leary about admitting to my friends that younger guys always had an appeal for me. Now, I'm not talking that I did anything school teacher pedophelia, crazy shit. Just liked younger men. Period. So, I had to think back on my history. Check this out. You'll agree by the end.

My first boyfriend in highschool. 9 months younger. Hot, kinda in a Patrick Swayze "Dirty Dancing" kind of way. He was my first kiss. Way too cute story about this boy to go into details, but needless to say, he broke my heart. Broke up with me during a high school dance during "Stairway To Heaven". BASTARD! I swear to God, I heard the Eagles song "Heartache Tonight" at least 7 times before we even got to the dance. He left me for his ex who was skinnier and a better disco dancer than I was.

Now, in college...I decided to go with older men. Broken heart, Broken heart, broke someone's heart, broken heart.

Next on the list: Bono. I call him that because he looked like Bono back in the day. So had a thing for Bono and U2! Wait, it was in the day when I was living in sin with him. I was 24, he was 19. That's Camille and Joe Jonas action right there! Didn't end well either. I was seeing someone else on the side just 2 months younger than he was. Hmmmm.....maybe a trend is developing?

NEXT! Did the older guy thing again for a while. Did have s lot of fun, I'm not settling down and never having kids shit. Boy, DID I HAVE SOME FUN!!!!

Okay, so it starts getting old, the serial monogamy thing. Then brainless here has the senseless idea to fall in love with someone 6 years younger than she is. I think..."Hey, maybe it's time to get married!" I was 37, what else was left? BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!! Yeah, that one didn't end well either. That was the relationship that broke ME.

Celibacy was the best thing that happened to me. I got me back. I got my self respect back. I got it going on again! I'm in my 40's, I'm fortunate that I don't look my age and I have my joie de vivre back!

Guess what? Boytoy Magnet...Again! What the hell? But, the best part is , I'm in on it now. I now understand that I and I alone have the control. So, now all this time lusting inappropriately after Rob Pattinson, Daniel Radcliffe, James McAvoy, Jensen Ackles...(really the list is endless), I was sought out by someone younger again! He's Rob's age and I'm having a freaking blast because it's all on MY terms. Thanks Demi Moore! You gave me the greenlight to wave my Cougar flag high and proud!

So, let me here from any of you other ladies who have had similar experiences! I know I'm not alone! I love having gorgeous arm candy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jewels you are such a gutsy lady. Thank you for sharing your story and for always being so open and honest.
I love your posts here and your comments on our other favourite blog.

I've always been the opposite....attracted to older boys/men all my life. My husband is 3 years older than me and any males I have dated or been attracted to have always been older but then I started to change...

First came Christian Bale - had a huge crush on him and felt guilty because he was 8 years younger, but then it got worse. I developed an even bigger crush on Rob and he's 20 years younger than me!
I was feeling perverted but then i 'met' you guys and I realized I'm perfectly normal.
Maybe these younger men are making me feel young again - who knows.....

Tess said...

Jules, Jules, Jules.. I too have a thing for younger men.. I don't go out looking for them, but my last three serious relationships have been with younger men.

My current husband is 4 years younger (not so bad, except that he happens to LOOK like he's barely legal)

The man I was with before him was 3 years younger. Again not bad, but he was the youngest son of a large hispanic family, coddled and ACTED like was at least 15 years younger.

Now the man before HIM (and if I'm honest, practically during) was 7 years younger than me.. WOW.. this was an extremely intense relationship. He was beautiful... we broke each others hearts.. 7 years is a big gap when you're nearing 30 and he could barely drink legally. I have some memories that would make for some damn fine fan fic, and I know you and I could entertain each other for hours over cocktails (pun intended)

Thanks for the post.

Next time you look in the mirror, tell yourself:

"I am woman, hear me ROAR" Just like a cougar!