Sunday, May 2, 2010

Shipwrecked - A New Twilight fan fic with a little "Blue Lagoon" Twist


So, I sat and watched "The Blue Lagoon" the other night and once it was over I knew I had to play with Bella and Edward on the tropical island.  I know there have been many stories based on this...but this is MY story.  Read it, hate it, love it.  But hey...who could resist a really tan Edward in a loincloth?


Shipwrecked - Prologue 1918



The gale force storm winds shook the boat. I could hear each and every creak. I pulled back into my bunk against the wall. I shivered with fear. The boat rocked harder each time it hit a wave. I could hear the furious voices of the seaman trying to ride out the storm. Wave after wave crashed over the deck and the boat was tossed furiously in the storm.

The door to my cabin flew open and I saw a young boy. His copper hair was wildly out of place, his green eyes flashing, his clothes an unacceptable state of dishabille.

“The boat is taking on water! We must evacuate!” He yelled at me.

“No! I’m not going up there! I can’t swim!” I declared, my panic starting to rise in my throat.

He immediately crossed the room and grabbed me roughly by my arms.

“Sir! I must insist that you unhand me immediately!” I protested.

“No time Miss! The ship is going to sink!” He yelled back. A wave hit the boat and pitched me right into his arms. I bristled against the contact.

“Unhand me Sir! I demand you let me go!”

His green eyes suddenly became almost feral. His grip tightened on my arms. I was trapped by the intensity of his gaze.

“You will die if you choose to remain in this cabin. You must follow me if you choose to survive!”

I bristled at his dressing down of me. “What makes you so well informed on sea disasters?”

“I just watched my father get washed overboard and drown. Is that good enough for you?”

Immediately, I was horrified. The ship pitched once again. My body slammed against the young man who tried desperately to drag me from my cabin.

“Sir! I must demand that you keep a respectable distance!” I reprimanded.

He snorted at me.

“Distance? We are about to drown Miss! This ship is going to go ass over tea kettle and even though I regret my foul use of language…I must inform you that I will see you to safety.” With that statement, he swung me over his shoulder and unceremoniously carried me out to the deck.

Needless to say…I was outraged. How dare he?!!? My embarrassment was made complete when he dumped me to the floor and demanded that I stay still. I hissed at him, stood up, smoothed my skirts down and proceeded to glance about for my companions.

The storm had picked up strength. Why I ever agreed to visit my father at his sugar cane plantation in the Caribbean was beyond my comprehension. Still, he was my father and I obeyed his word. If I truly wanted to admit my most subconscious desires. I was thrilled to be leaving the Mainland for some exotic destination. It had been my utmost desire to become a writer. I had wanted desperately to attend a university of my choice, but due to financial restraints, I had to make the best of my lot in life. My only hope at this point was to make a marriage of the utmost convenience. Still, the rumblings of women’s equality had touched my soul like nothing else. I longed to be an equal to my male counterparts. Yet, here I stood trembling on a deck of a boat, wishing that some one…male perhaps..would save me. I was a failure to the women I wanted to be like.


Another wave rocked the boat. I clung to the mast. I was drenched by each spray of saltwater. I tried desperately to find Miss Stanley, who had agreed to be my chaperone on this trip. I glanced about me, fretful, that we had been separated permanently. I spied her clinging to the other mast of the boat. I tried to call out to her, but my voice was drowned out by the cacophony of waves that assaulted the boat continuously.

The waves pounded the boat harder. Each swell sent a wall of water over the sides, drenching us, causing some of us to choke on the seawater. I clung desperately to the mast. I had not decided to cross thousands of miles of sea only to be stopped by a freak storm of Mother Nature.

Suddenly I caught sight of the wiry, bronze haired boy and something told me that I needed to follow him. I waited for the next wave to wash over the bow of the boat. Quickly I made my way over to where he stood, trying desperately to control the wheel of the boat. It spun out of control in his hands and he looked so helpless at the moment. I was surprised by the sudden ache I had in my heart for him.

I brushed it aside, grabbed the wheel and together we steadied the course of the boat. We rocked through the waves for a few brief seconds of reprieve. Then the final wave came and capsized us. We were sinking.

No comments: