Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Freeze Frame - Chapter 27 TEASER TIME Y'ALL!!!




“Don’t thank me. If I had known, if I had taken better care of you, none of this would have happened.” I declared.

Bella snorted against my chest. “Edward! You had no way of knowing what was going to happen. Don’t you dare blame yourself.”

“You’re right Bella. I didn’t know. However, it doesn’t negate the fact that I let you down. I couldn’t stop James.”

A few weighty minutes of silence passed between us.

Bella’s voice finally sliced through the silence. “He’s dead. Isn’t he?”

I squeezed my eyes tightly shut for a moment. “Yes.”

“Did you?….Were you the one?….”

I kissed the top of her head. “No. But I wish in so many ways that I had.” I admitted.

Bella lay still in my arms. More silence.

“I’m glad he’s gone.” She finally whispered.

I could feel the wet mark of her tears on my chest. I just sat there and stroked her hair, held her and reassured her how much I loved her.

Loving Bella Swan was the only thing I knew how to do right. I wrapped her into my arms, held her tightly and listened as her grief, anger and sadness poured out.

No comments: