Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Confession of a Rob Pattinson Fan

Dear Diary,

Today, I can't tell you how many times I snuck into the bathroom to check the internet on my phone just to see th latest on my favorite Rob Pattinson blog. I just HAD to see what was happening in the London premiere. Nor can I tell you how many times a day I check my e-mail just to touch base with others who are just as obsessed as I am and can only understand the emotion and the depth of that obsession.

Oh sure, I have had celebrity crushes before. But what is it that seems to make this one so intense. Rob himself says it stems from the character of Edward Cullen that he plays. I beg to differ. It stems from his utter disdain of "media training", his wicked spot on humor, his self-deprecation, his heavenly good looks, his laugh, his intellect. Why him? Why not any other actor I crushed on in the past.

Simple Answer. The internet.

In my day, there wasn't the 24/7 flow of information or pictures. We had to wait to for photos to surface. We had to wait for interviews. Maybe the internet is the cause of the hysteria. WE feed each other and we feed off of the internet.

But at what cost are we wanting this information that the private life of a celebrity is sacrificed? On one hand, I think when you become a celebrity, you have to understand to a certain degree that part of your life is public domain. Rob is truly handling the public part of his life with such grace and dignity. However, at what point will it become too much? How do we as fans decide when the paps have gone too far when we still want to look at the pictures, read the latest gossip? Why oh why do we feel the need to intrude on a famous persons life?

7 comments:

Kim said...

Jules,
I keep trying to e-mail you love but it keep bouncing back.:(

Jewels64 said...

Hey Girl! Now is the time for you to drop your e-mail to me...

We have to trade stories...I think we could be a good sounding board for one another!

this was published 12/8/08 12:46 central time....

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I think we could be a good sounding board for one another also.

Let me know when you have my e-mail so I can erase it.

Jewels64 said...

Okay Sabrina...email addresses are erased to protect the innocent!

Jewels64 said...

Okay Sabrina...email addresses are erased to protect the innocent!

Jewels64 said...

P.S. Sabrina...I'm sending you another one...a video...he's just ...well shit...i'm just a cougar...enough said.