Monday, December 15, 2008

A New Moon Rising

Well, the word came out that Chris Weitz is set to direct New Moon. I had to admit, I was concerned. Concerned until I read his wonderfully impassioned letter and the approval of Steph Meyer. Catherine Hardwick's work will live on through all of the Twilight series of movies...her visionary talent help bring about the love story of Edward and Bella, Forks, and the pure emotion of being 17 years old. I will hold Ms. Hardwick's work dearly in my heart. But in New Moon, Edward and Bella's relationship changes. It becomes darker. So is it such a bad idea to have a new director explore the new dynamic? "About a Boy" was a lovely film, and it's pure emotion came to vivid life on the screen. I think Chris Weitz is passionate about this, and let's face it, after "The Golden Compass", he has something to prove.

Let's hope he gets the performances from Rob, Kristen and company that we as the fans of the novels deserve to see!

No comments: